I’m Jessica Spiegel, a freelance writer and social media strategist based in Portland, Oregon.
I am a travel writer with an affinity for well-written service pieces (I excel at making logistical planning details interesting to read as well as informative) and a community manager who believes in organic growth. Some of my prior experience includes producing and editing legislative testimony, designing and writing volunteer newsletters for a national volunteer-based organization, editing instructional manuals for legal continuing education seminars, and teaching beginning Italian.
I’m available for community building/social media consulting, as well as copy writing, blogging, and copy editing.
What I can offer:
- I have a successful track record of building communities around online brands.
- I’m adept at producing unique and relevant content in a timely manner.
- I am extremely detail-oriented.
- I have an understanding of SEO needs in content production.
- I’m very easy to work with.
Additionally, I’ve a penchant for Italy (see my Italy travel guide for more), a soft spot for cities with bad reputations, and a love of public transportation. I will always travel for a great meal, but I’m useless in the kitchen (unless it involves the ice cream maker). Oh, and if I never hear the “tourist vs. traveler” argument again, it’ll be too soon.